Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Helicopter Parenting: Not A Pretty View



A nanny used the term "Helicopter Parenting" to describe one of the mothers she worked with. (She was letting me know the "types of personalities" that she is comfortable working with.) So I just thought the term was so "well coined" I decided I would look it up. 

Turns out, this style of parenting is more common than we think! Unfortunately, it tends to lead to some serious social issues for the child in the future.

I found this on Parents.com and I thought it was worth posting. The video at the end is also great, as defines the 4 different types of parenting styles that we bring our children up with.

What type of parenting style are you??


http://www.parents.com/parenting/better-parenting/what-is-helicopter-parenting/


No comments:

SHARE THIS

Bookmark and Share